Code of Conduct
UpdatedThursday August 25, 2016 byDavid Adams.
Code of Conduct
Players, Parents, & Coaches
Weymouth Soccer’s mission is
Weymouth Youth Soccer, Inc. (WYS) is a non-profit corporation formed for the youngsters of the Town of Weymouth. The objective is for the youngsters to have enjoyment and develop skill, appreciation and understanding of the game of soccer. Although winning and success are nice, deriving enjoyment from participation and good sportsmanship are more important goals of Weymouth Youth Soccer, Inc.
Weymouth Soccer has established the following guidelines on the conduct that we expect all of our players, parents and coaches to abide by:
- I will learn and respect the rules of soccer and the rules of Weymouth Soccer.
- I will not engage in unsportsmanlike conduct towards any other coach, player, parent, participant, official or any other attendee.
- I will not engage in any behavior which would endanger the health, safety, or well-being of any coach, parent, player, participant, official, or any other attendee.
- I will not use drugs, alcohol or tobacco products while involved in any youth soccer activities, whether training, attending games, or officiating.
- I will not use profanity, obscenity or any other offensive language.
- I will endeavor to ensure that no parents, spectators or anyone associated with my team to use profanity, obscenity or any other offensive language while within the hearing of players or officials.
- I will not engage in verbal or physical abuse towards any other coach, player, parent, participant, or official. I will demonstrate fair play and good sportsmanship at every practice, game and tournament. I will also encourage fair play and good sportsmanship from other players, coaches, officials, and parents.
- I will attend every practice and game that I can, and I will notify my coach if I cannot make a practice or game.
- I will come to practices and games on time and ready to learn. I accept responsibility for bringing any equipment necessary for practice (ball, cleats, shin guards, water,) and games (cleats, shin guards, water and team uniform).
This Code of Conduct is designed to establish high standards for players, coaches, and parents who wish to participate in Weymouth Soccer activities. This code is designed to help support the coaches, officials, players and parents in their effort to provide a positive learning experience.